Pharmacist Feature Friday: A Pharmacist is a PharmASSIST

Home Forums Young pharmacists Pharmacist Feature Friday: A Pharmacist is a PharmASSIST

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tupacshakaur 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tupacshakaur
    Participant

Why do I say this? It took me a long time to come up with something that encompasses everything we do. We have so much on our plates. In fact, I recently wrote an article about this topic, describing all of the things pharmacists do (pharmacytimes.com/contributor/karen-berger/2018/02/the-abcs-of-community-pharmacy)
    I am proud to be a pharmacist, because as a pharmacist, we assist so many!
    One day when I was in high school, my parents asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I distinctly remember saying, “I don’t know. I like math and science, but I don’t want to be around blood.”
    My dad answered, “You can be a pharmacist!”
    I thought that was a great idea to explore. Soon after, he took me to the grocery store to talk to the pharmacist and learn about what a pharmacist does. It sounded like a perfect fit for me. I felt lucky at the time that I had a career path in mind, and that I followed through with it.
    I loved the idea of helping people without “getting my hands dirty.” Needless to say, at first I was not happy about giving shots, but eventually just got used to it!
    I was so lucky in college to work at an independent pharmacy while attending pharmacy school at the University of Pittsburgh. It felt like a second home and was such a great learning environment. I briefly considered a more clinical specialty and spent a few months working at a health plan, but my love was community pharmacy so I decided to pursue that road.

For More You Can Check:
    Bitcoin Animation Video

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.